Sunday, May 30, 2021

Thank you, Asia "Wishlist" (1 more day until seeing Adam)

"Wishlist"
 

10:05 PM in Hong Kong

Airport Terminal 1. Gate 26.

2 hours until the plane takes off.

We are waiting now.  These are the final moments of being a Hong Konger.  

Yesterday was full of goodbyes and emptying an apartment and getting to a hotel.  


It was an emotional roller coaster.  

Today was calm.  

Time for a Messenger chat with Adam. 

Time for a nice breakfast.  

Time for tea.  

Time for a perfect message at Luxe in Wan Chai.  

Time for Starbucks and cream puffs.  

Time for floating in the pool at the appointed slot.  

Time for room service with the family.  

Time for a tiny nap before leaving Ocean Park Marriott at 8:30 pm. 


The city lights were clear and beautiful as we passed by for our final time as residents.

I wish I could have seen Siem Riep in Cambodia.  

I wish I could have gotten to Taipei, Taiwan and Jeju, Korea and Tokyo, Japan.

I wish I could have visited Seoul and Boracay one more time.

I wish I would have seen Victoria Harbor from Ozone (on the 101st floor?) one more time

And walked through the Old Walled City park.  

I wish I could have given our helper a goodbye hug, but our paths didn't cross in person yesterday to do that.

I wish I could have eaten with my HKIS cohort (7 years!) at a local spot once more.

I wish I could have gathered the Super Moms together once more.

I imagine I shall think of many more things I would have liked to do or do again, 

but that is the nature of endings - 

there will always be some things left unfinished.


Therefore, let me instead now blow my wishlist to the wind and let it go.  

As Brent so eloquently reminded us all at Baccalaureate, "It is well. It is well with my soul."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!