Thursday, May 6, 2021

Thank you, Asia "Metaphors" (25 days until Green Bay)

These past few years I have tapped into seeing the world through metaphors more and more.  Perhaps this is because my imagination has been activated, or because I think far more about transcendental matters which somehow evoke metaphors for clarity.  At any rate, I am grateful for the return of metaphors.  Here are a few thoughts on the nature of LIFE: 

I used to see life as a JOURNEY with some winding path toward some specific accomplishment or end.

I also have seen life as a BOOK of many chapters, each distinct from one another yet bound together.


I have come to understand life is also more literally a SCHOOL where our soul resides in form for a time to be given opportunities learn specific lessons that we have wanted to learn and can only learn when human.

It is also a PLAY where we take on names and masks and characters and make big drama and have big fun enduring and living all the ups and downs.



And, too,  a DANCE where what we experience has no specific necessary outcome “at the end”.  It is to be enjoyed and savoured as we interact with all the other dancers. 

So, I guess you could say I am heading around a bend, about to start a new chapter, in the process of taking a class, preparing for a curtain call, or dancing a beautiful dance.

And you?

Photos by © Brenda Brayko.  All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!