Sunday, May 9, 2021

Thank you, Asia "Haircut and Style" (22 days until Green Bay)

 There's something I love about getting a haircut in Seoul and Hong Kong.  It is the pampering.  At the place I have gone to here in Stanley on the Southside of Hong Kong Island, I have had a lovely team attend to me.  First it was John and Betty and then Tony and Betty.  John and Tony are hairstylists.  Betty washes hair and gives manicures and pedicures and one other thing - massage!

They are local people working in a very local business and I love being there.  The cheesy 80's English tracks might be playing in the background or Cantonese radio.  Customers may be locals or expats like me.  Betty, who is likely in her 60s, moves seamlessly between Cantonese and English, making conversation with customers. She offers Chinese tea or warm water. 

Today she takes me over to the sink to wash my hair.  Each wash-wash-conditioner means a 15-minute head massage at the same time.  (This was true in China and Seoul, as well.)  I love it! Release the tension of the day and then move to the chair.  But before Tony comes to cut and while my hair is still wrapped in a towel Betty gives me a ten-minute shoulder-neck-back massage.  I love this!  And this is something I will miss about the salon here.  (For about a year I came to Betty specifically for massage of my injured shoulder.)  

Tony is meticulous about the cutting, going through not once, but twice, to get everything perfect.  He always styles my hair although I have no need for it.  But this, too, is done carefully and meticulously.  They never make you feel rushed.  

In Seoul I had similar treatment but needed to go a far more fancy and expensive place to get it.  There, something to drink, a head massage, and a style were a part of what you paid for.  Here, it is offered if you want it or they know you enjoy it, so I always tip well.  Thank you for the relaxation, cut and style, Betty and Tony!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!