Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Thank you, Asia "Synchronicities (Or Reasons to Thank the Universe)" (27 days until Green Bay)

Since living in Asia many things have shifted regarding my worldview.  One of the things I now believe in are synchronicities.  I'd never even known about them prior.  I now define "synchronicities" as "happy coincidences"; these are the wonderful things that just come along right as you need them - perhaps you "asked" for them, perhaps not.  Rather than be dismissive of these happenings, I have come to notice them, greatly appreciate them, and to not even be surprised by them!  Perhaps in another blog I will go into detail about the greatest synchronicities of all: how our Green Bay house found us.  But for now, I'm sharing a collection of small synchronicities from May - June 2019.  

(Do note that here I use the language, "Thank you, Universe!"  I could just as easily and honestly use the language, "Thank you, God".  I choose to use "Universe" as it is more inclusive.)  

Early May, 2019  

One of our Humanities teachers suddenly found himself heading to Germany for next year. So, his teaching position was open.  It was pretty late in the game for hiring someone who can do AP level. Brent says to me, “We’re gonna need some heavenly help for this one” or something to that effect. Literally within hours he gets a message from Chadwick about a friend of his in the States who might be a good fit.  The hiring process proceeded.  They interviewed three or four people, including this friend. And HE was the one hired!  So, Thank you, Universe.  



May 2019 
I was on the junk boat for Dana W’s birthday celebration.  I relaxed on a flat beanbag chair on the bow of the boat.  "So nice!"  I thought.  Maybe something like this would be good for Adam, since he insists on sleeping on the floor always. About a week later, I found a discarded huge black bean bag in perfect condition!  Thank you, Universe!

Late May 2019
Iron. Adam had had blood tests and we determined he was borderline anaemic.  He needed an iron supplement.  His first reaction to supplements was negative because he had gotten migraines from taking large doses of iron.  So we discussed that maybe if there were a liquid form it would be gentler to take.  Literally a few days later I was at the end of the year party with Dana and Theresa L., who is a nurse.  Dana asked,”Do you know anyone who can use prescription liquid iron?  I have some to give away before we move to New York.”  Do I! Thank you, Universe.

June 2019 
Brent and I headed over to South Bay Beach in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday.  There are few parking spaces there.  It would be a crapshoot if we could get one.  Next thing I know, another convertible pulls out in front of us - clearly headed for the same destination.  Oh no! But guess what? There were two spaces!

June 2019 
Our washing machine drum broke.  We needed a new one.  We either would need to buy a new one or see if one is for sale.  Well, a departing employee had had one for sale a few weeks back.  Turns out . . . it’s still for sale!  Thank you, Universe.

May - June 2019 
How many times has my “daily bread” been provided by the natural rhythm of the day.  So many. Things like a meal after church, left overs from an event, a gift or gift card.  Thank you, generous people!

May 2019 
So in early May I had gone to an artist’s shop to make something with my friend Michelle. I made a paper folder to hold my poems.  She made a leather business card holder.  At the time I thought, “That’s cool!  I kind of need one of those!”  Then in May, a parent gave me a silly yellow leather business card holder.  So random, yet perfect!  Thank you, Universe!

June 16 - One of the last days of school.  It starts storming - AGAIN!  I’m at work.  Oh no!  Rigby is going to escape; he is so afraid during storms.  I get up, begin walking to the apartment.  I’m 10 feet from the entrance and who comes trotting out of the apartment building, straight into my path!  I nab him before he escapes into the crazy storm and rain.  Thank you, Universe!

June 17, 2019
Uno. So, the Uno game that I purchased at Christmas ended up “lost” after Interim.  So, here we are about to head out for the summer and still no Uno.  But, the good news is someone was giving away free Uno.  So, we are set!  Thank you, Universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!