Friday, April 23, 2021

Thank you, Asia "New" (a poem) (38 days until Wisconsin)

 New


When we left Green Bay we had no idea

Those fourteen flowered and worn suitcases

Could passport the four of us to another life.

Via Incheon the West had become the East 

And all shone new.

The many-laned highway was flanked by grand mountains

Urban and natural landscapes already intertwined.

All I know is that I knew nothing -

Not customs, not language, not landscapes, 

Not weather nor wildlife.


Now home is West and East

Wisconsin and Korea and Hong Kong,

Somehow I had found my true Self in the scatterings.

“Every ending is a new beginning.”


Now I shine new.


Nov. 7, 2018

A product of Poet Luka Lesson's writer’s workshop at HKIS


From The Peak we can see the urban intertwine with nature in Hong Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!