Thursday, April 1, 2021

Thank you, Asia. "Kites" (60 days to go)

 One of the highlights of each day is seeing the kites out my window as they fly over the jungle below.  These are not manmade kites, but birds of prey.  At first I thought they were falcons, but I was told they are kites.  At any rate, there are always families that nest in the trees below us.  


Each day I get to watch as one or more circle skyward without seemingly flapping a wing.  They truly soar!  It is a sight to behold and makes me believe that if I had the opportunity to be any animal, I would want to be one of them.  They often play war games in threes.  Mid-flight attacks and recoveries, one-on-one while the third prepares for the next attack.  

Upon a rare occasion, one will fly right by our balcony while we sit there.  That is the best!




Photos and video by © Brenda Brayko. All rights reserved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!