Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Friends. . .

Who knew that the final days and weeks of our life in Green Bay would be so busy with social engagements?  I pictured us packing, sorting, throwing, donating, and storing our household stuff in these last days.  I pictured working to eat ourselves out of house and home - literally.  And while we are doing these things, I never imagined how blessed we would be to have so many friends come forward and say, "We've got to get together before you go!"

So I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to our friends whom we love and will miss.  I've so enjoyed spending time together over dinner out with you, the wine tasting tour, the evenings in your homes, the precious French beverage (you know what I mean, Bill!), the games of pool, swimming in your pool or hottub, and POETS.  I thank you for keeping me company during the garage sale or making that final call or email wishing us well.

We are so blessed to have friends such as you.  When I feel homesick in these next months, I'm certain I will look back on these days for re-energizing and grounding.  While we're tempted to measure our success in life against the amount of possessions or wealth that we have, these days with you are one more reminder of that which truly matters - love in our lives through our relationship with others.

Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you!

I shall close with a saying from Anna, "I have hearts popping out for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!