Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nearly Unedited Private Thoughts

Nearly Unedited Private Thoughts

Just get something on the page.
Write something profound.
Work to explore your voice.
Think about what works for you.
Try something new.
Take risks.
Don't succumb to writer's block.
So your team didn't make it to the championship today.
So what?  It wasn't important to you, but it was to the competitive ones.
But we all messed up, so we all get to take credit.
Or maybe, better than that, none of us have to take the blame.
Why was he swearing?
Be creative.
It's good that the Typhoon didn't hit us, but the day off was boring.
I'm excited about the wedding tomorrow.
I think it's going to be a Korean wedding!
I don't know what it will be like, but I've been wanting to see one.
Plus, it's the wedding of a former student.
I don't think I've been asked to the wedding of a former student before.
That's cool.
Liz was very nice after the VB tourney when we were bummed.
Playing VB is about the only time I really enjoy sweating.
I wonder if I have something appropriate to wear to the wedding.
I wonder what Tak is up to.
I wonder how Anna's pre-babysitting babysitting gig is going.
How will she handle getting bored?
Maybe she won't get bored.
Why do I use such simple and small words when I talk to myself?
Is that bad?
Shouldn't an English teacher be using bigger words?
But I guess whatever happens inside your head is it's own thing.
There's no controlling that - no right or wrong.
Brent's computer defaults are different than mine and it's a pain to scroll up and down.
So, quiet at last.
The boys should have fun with the walkie talkies.
The Mexican party was fun.  I'm glad the whole English department was able to show up.
I enjoy getting to know new colleagues in a social setting.
I miss POETS, though.
I wonder how B. H. is doing after this summer.
I wonder how J. is doing.
It was nice to Skype with Mom and Dad this morning, even if it was mostly about bills.
I hope Dad's show goes well.
It will.  He does a nice job with his shows.
The inside of my head is trite.
Why don't I have more profound thoughts going on?
Shouldn't I be saving the world when I have a few private minutes?
People are going to read this and then they'll realize how very little is actually happening inside my head.
But I WAS on fire the last few days with the AP Lit.
That's good.
I did have my brilliant moment of likening close reading to looking at your hand to describe it rather than sitting on them.
I think that connected with the kids a lot.
And I'm loving the google forms.
Thank you E. Z. for turning me on to those!
That sentence evaluation exercise was awesome!
I've got to finish reading those.
And the Sr. papers.
And the 10th papers.
I'm loving that new feature on Turnitin.com where I can make verbal comments.
Wait.  It's quiet right now.  I could work on that right now and record more verbal comments. . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!